This is volume 14 of #smallsuccess and that is not lost on me. It’s my favorite number – and I’ve got some very exciting success to drop on ya this week – so please – read through to the very end, because I saved the best for last.
I am linking this bad boy up over at Catholic Mom, because them’s are the rules (not really).
1. I am wearing new socks. That I bought. This is huge. I haven’t bought a new pair of socks in *gulp* nine years. I think, could be longer. This isn’t to say I haven’t stolen socks from my mother,
when we were talking, or given socks as a gift (really big woolly ones at that). I would much rather spend my money on books. It’s a sad state when your husband says “well I hope those pages keep your feet warm”. And I, snug under his feet, with my cold bare feet, book in hand, am victorious. And, I have a thing for socks. Over the years, I’ve had to create pairs of cat socks with snowman socks, plaid with polka dot socks, all kinds of combinations. Enter a sale on a myriad of purple socks. I gobbled up 5 pairs like the apocalypse was coming tomorrow and all I needed were socks. Here are the gems for today.
2. I have broken my insomnia barrier. Not what you think. Last night, I could not sleep. No matter how hard I tried. I was up till 2:30AM. I woke up at 6. I work a full time job on top of, well, life. I don’t know how I am coherent. I don’t know if I’ll make it, or if you’ll find me, face down with a keyboard for teeth on my computer in an hour. I picked up a tip from Theresa in my Primary Posse. I thought of being in Adoration, before the Blessed Sacrament and prayed to God how I wished I could be there and not in my bed trying to sleep. Zzzzzzzzzzz and that’s all I remember.
3. And at 6AM, I was greeted by an email from my friend S:
Subject: Did y see that you’re nominated? ? ? A Knotted Life: 2014 Sheenazing Awards (exact words – again, it’s 6AM, PC (pre-coffee or caffeine, whatever)
Body: This link
(You’re eyes will pop out of your face when you head over, believe me. )
I clicked it, and I am TOTALLY NOMINATED for:
Most Inspiring Blog
Encouraging, uplifting, honest, challenging.
Really? I love that. A real, grown up nomination, where people click on radio buttons and discern, hem-and-haw. Excited! Here’s info on the award I am up for:
The Sheenazing Blogger Awards get their name from Venerable Fulton J. Sheen, who was amazing at using the newest forms of media to communicate the beauty of the Catholic Church and his love of Christ to the world. They are a fun way to celebrate the excellence of the Catholic blogosphere and honor Venerable Fulton Sheen
There will be a winner and a runner up in each category. The winners will earn a firm virtual handshake, the pride in knowing that they’ve been named the Best of something by a fairly obscure blog, and the right to display the following on their site:
[INSERT SUPER COOL BADGE THAT I CAN’T POST UNLESS I WIN, HERE]
There are a TON to catch up with and add to my poor little engine that could Bloglovin’ feeder.
I scroll and scroll and see so many of my Primary Posse Peeps, I could die!
- Tiffany nominated for Best Linkup with her Advent Veil fantasticness (Whether it happened once or is on-going, this is the link-up you love.)
- Michelle nominated for Best Non-Papist (Not Catholic? No problem! We love what you write)
- Laura for Smartest Blog (Not just opinions, well formed opinions.)
- Emmy Cecilia for Blog with the Best Memes (Not just the ‘Y U No’ guy but also the best modified public domain photos.)
Please head over and vote for me (and my Primary Posse Peeps, because if I love, you love.) Voting ends MONDAY at 9PM Central
And if anything else, I’ve introduced you to a world of sleepless nights because the blogs over on the nomination list, is a hair shy of heaven’s pantry or what I would imagine is in there.
A huge thanks to Bonnie at A Knotted Life and her team (yeah, she rolls with a team) to get this all organized. *and to whomever it was that nominated me – virtual rice and beans for you*
Is this a #smallsuccess week or what?!?!?
Head over to CatholicMom.com to share in other #smallsuccess happenings.