Of course we can. We have been ruminating about some pretty heavy stuff – that hasn’t stopped and won’t. However, if
Terry over at 8kidsandabusiness (the link means head over and follow, P.S.) nominated me for three, count them, three awards. I know what you’re thinking, this can’t be?! It is. Now, I get the wonderful oppotunity to share with you some of my flavorite (yes, that’s a word) blogs who have provided sunshine, are semper fidelis when I come-a-callin (and I do), and have given me some of the best moments in my bloggy-tastic experience thus far.
Here are the rules for the three awards (so you know what to expect and should you be nominated, know how to handle it after falling out of your chair with Sally Field-esque glee:
- Use the award logo in the post.
- Link to whoever nominated you.
- Write 10 pieces of information about yourself.
- Nominate fellow bloggers who meet the indicated criteria.
- Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award.
My flavorites are (in no particular order – a few nominations may be of no surprise – much like the Oscars) please head over and check out what they’re all about:
Life of a Catholic Librarian
A Year of Living Adventurously
A Catholic Newbie
This Northern Belle
Plain Grace (formerly Suscipio)
Reclaiming the Sacred
Joe Sales Writes
Translating a World on the Edge
My friend S. She doesn’t have a blog, but that doesn’t mean she can’t participate in the comments. *wink* *wink*. She refers me to some fantastic bloggy-lore let me tell you. Yes, she meets the criteria of being faithful, bright on a cloudy day and she was my Matron of Honor – that’s a total best moment.
Now, 10 things about me…that you don’t already know:
- My favorite color is purple. Maybe you knew that.
- I LOVE VH1 Pop-Up Video and can watch it, marathon style, all day.
- Mother Angelica relaxes me – not her, per se, but reruns of her shows do
- In the same vain, Stephen Colbert of The Colbert Report cracks me up like nothing else
- I like to pretend prunes are chocolate – how else can I tell myself that prunes are great?
- I hate voice mail. This is why when I have to leave them, they are ALWAYS worth having to stare at an obnoxious blinking light or notification and push a secret code to listen to. I sing, tell jokes, pretend you called me, whatever.
- I have a favorite planet. And it’s Jupiter. What? It’s a big, gregarious planet, complete with accessories. Juno and rings.
- I wear a size 8 shoe. Doesn’t sound odd, does it? I am 4’11” God is funny.
- I am allergic to shellfish. That’s a boring fact.
- I hate exercise. Sweating is the worst. So I avoid it at all costs. I know that’s bad. I’ll walk, but once the perspiration sets in, I’m out.
- One to make up for #9, because that was really lame. Paisley is where it’s at.
Now, back to our regularly scheduled program of introspective reflection, consecration, RCIA and other Godly things.