And now for something a little different (and fun). Get to know more about who I am and blogs I think are inspiring! On to the show!
LIEBSTER AWARD RULES:
- List eleven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate eleven bloggers for the award.
- Let them know about the nomination.
- Answer the eleven questions you were asked when you were nominated.
- Ask eleven questions for the new award winners to answer.
1. Random Facts
- I was an opera singer and performed in Italy.
- I can sing in Latin, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Hebrew (and once in Swahili).
- I love goat cheese.
- I hate exercise. I know, that’s bad.
- I do not watch horror movies. Can’t handle the stress.
- My birthday is in December.
- I am allergic to the sun and shellfish (does that count as two facts?).
- I love Christmas more and more every year. Total fact.
- I don’t like to listen to music on the radio but prefer Catholic radio, praying the rosary or Divine Office.
- I taught myself to make authentic Puerto Rican cuisine with a cookbook and my husband’s taste buds.
- I also didn’t learn Spanish until I got to High School and it wasn’t perfected till I worked at Bear Stearns as an Bilingual Trading Assistant.
2. Cristina’s Nine
- Beloved Disciples
- Life of a Catholic Librarian
- Lumena’s House
- My Desert Heart
- The Mad-Eyed Monk
- This Northern Belle
- Raised Catholic…can you tell?
- Keeping the Faith
- Cinema Catechesis
4. My Answers
1. If you could pick one food to eat for the rest of your life and not gain weight by eating it, what would it be? Limoncello Cake. If you don’t know about it, you should.
2. Are you a morning person or a night owl? I am a total Night Owl. Both me and my little Monk are. The Hubs and Lexicon, Early Birds! Blech!
3. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a teacher. Did you achieve your goal? Not formally, but I am teaching someone, somewhere all the time. My boys, my co-workers, myself.
4. Would you rather fly like a bird or swim like a fish? I would rather fly like a bird. Why? I’ve got curly, frizzy hair. Not the best look.
5. If you cook, what is your signature dish? I would say my rice and beans. Hands down. If not, what is your favorite meal to order? I have that too, and it’s eggplant rollatini!
6. You’re at a karaoke bar. What would your first song be? Oh goodness. Um, Fallin’ by Alicia Keys.
7. What is your favorite movie? The Color Purple and Disney’s Alice in Wonderland.
8. If you could invite 3 people to dinner (living or dead, real or fictional) who would you pick? My grandmother, The Pope, my brother.
9. Who is your hero? Why? My husband. He is the most accepting, forgiving and understanding person (on Earth) that I know.
10. If money were no object, where would you go on your next vacation? Rome, Venice, Florence. All of Italy!
11. If you could travel back in time, what year/era would you travel to? 2007
5. Questions that Need Answering
- Why are you blogging?
- What do you read?
- What’s your favorite site/book/thing you share with people?
- What’s your favorite childhood memory?
- If you could do it all over, what would you be doing right now in your life?
- Whats’ the one thing your best friend doesn’t even know (but will now!)?
- What gets you up in the morning? (and I don’t mean the alarm!)
- What 3 blogs do you read every day?
- What can you not live without?
- You have 10 bucks. What do you do with it?
- What’s your proudest moment?
Just in case you were curious and wanted to know the origin of the Liebster Award (because I wanted to know…have a look here!)
Special thanks to Rachelle @ Sweet Home Pasadena for nominating me!
+++ Blessings, as always! +++